There is evidence that financial rewards to individuals for problem solving tasks are counter-productive. Consider, then, an incentive offered to a creative, problem solving team. A team incentive plan can result in extraordinary value if implemented to establish accountability and ownership in the job by the members who are engaged with effective leadership.
Why do it?
- Establish accountability and ownership in the job;
- Seal a team commitment with the project, company or organization;
- Demonstrate the value placed on the team's contribution to the job by the company.
- Release of discretionary effort - that is - voluntary contribution beyond that which is required.
- Voluntary contributions deliver creative solutions.
Bill has designed over 50 program incentive plans that resulted in margins exceeding plan by 10 to 100%. Contact Bill.